Saturday, October 17, 2009

Introducing Myself [Robert Lasater]

Hello everyone. My name is Robert Lasater. I am the engineer responsible for maintaining this blog.If you have issues, questions or comments, you can contact me at rlasater "at" hotmail . com

My goal for this blog is to provide a forum for people at all levels of engineering leadship. For example, as a software engineer I am an individual contributor, but I have led projects from initial requirements to full scale deployments, working with domain experts, quality assurance, and customer representatives. So I want this blog to be relevant and helpful to people like myself.

Obviously the blog should also be of help and interest to team leads - people who have one or more people reporting to them, most likely supervised by a manager or director - through managers, directors to vice presidents of engineering.

Anyway, I have been working this blog for a few weeks and look forward to working with the EL SIG team to make it a Must See site for engineering leaders in Silicon Valley and across the nation and the world.

Robert Lasater is a software developer with several years of experience leading projects to develop firmware for embedded systems.

1 comment:

Bruce R. Mendelsohn said...

Robert: Greetings from MIT. The Bernard M. Gordon-MIT Engineering Leadership Program just issued a white paper that benchmarks engineering leadership education programs worldwide. It's definitely an appropriate topic for your blog and would certainly interest your followers.

Please contact me at brucem@mit.edu for the press release and full text of the white paper.

Sincerely,
Bruce R. Mendelsohn